Draft Land Use Code released for public review, input
La Plata County Board of County Commissioners is pleased to present the draft land use code for community review and input. This draft code, which is available at https://bit.ly/DRAFT_LUC_2020, was written by La Plata County staff and incorporates the community input and policy guidance received over the past three years to achieve the Board of County Commissioners’ goals when initiating the code re-write effort in 2016.
The code rewrite project goals were to:
- Reconcile and clarify the land use code
- Provide for predictability and improved certainty of the process and outcomes
- Facilitate and direct growth to appropriate areas\
- Improve the review process
- Articulate clear development standards
- Streamline the development process
- Protect and respect the county’s most valued assets
- Minimize sprawl
The Board of County Commissioners and Planning Commission are eager for community input and feedback on the draft land use code, and offer multiple mechanisms to submit input. All input received via these tools will be part of the land use code adoption record:
For more information, including links to the draft land use code, outreach and engagement schedules, community and topic-focused workshop information and schedules, and public comment tools, please visit the New Land Use Code Project page.