Strategic plan revision - 2022
La Plata County is revising its 5-year strategic plan and the Board of County Commissioners invite the public to participate in the process. County staff will hold three public meetings in April to hear from county residents as well as business owners and the non-profit community.
Here is the most recent strategic plan:
The county’s strategic plan is typically updated every five years. The updated document will reflect the current and future concerns and values of the residents, business owners and other organizations in La Plata County as well as the goals and strategies of the Board of County Commissioners. The revised strategic plan is expected to be completed this summer.
Meetings will be held at the following locations and times:
- 1 p.m. Monday, April 11 – County Administration Building board room, 1101 E. 2nd Ave., Durango
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 12 – Breen Grange/Community Building, 15300 Highway 140
- 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 13 – Ignacio Community Library, 470 Goddard Ave.
Attendees will be asked to consider the following questions:
- What do you consider to be the most important issues facing La Plata County at present? (i.e. – Affordable housing/homeless issues, infrastructure, population/traffic, substance abuse, etc.)
- What issues currently not being discussed are important to you in thinking about the future of La Plata County?
- How do you see the role of county government in addressing these and other issues?