Strategic plan (Effective January 2023)
La Plata County's strategic plan is typically updated every five years. The most recent document reflects the current and future concerns and values of the residents, business owners and other organizations in La Plata County as well as the goals and strategies of the Board of County Commissioners. The strategic plan is revised periodically to reflect the objectives of the sitting Board of County Commissioners.
The current strategic plan was created following a public input process. Public meetings to take public comment were held at the following locations:
- Monday, April 11, 2022 – County Administration Building board room, Durango
- Tuesday, April 12, 2022 – Breen Grange/Community Building
- Wednesday, April 13, 2022 – Ignacio Community Library
- Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2022 - Via Zoom with translation for non-English speaking residents
Attendees were asked to consider the following questions:
- What do you consider to be the most important issues facing La Plata County at present? (i.e. – Affordable housing/homeless issues, infrastructure, population/traffic, substance abuse, etc.)
- What issues currently not being discussed are important to you in thinking about the future of La Plata County?
- How do you see the role of county government in addressing these and other issues?