We're gathering input from our community to see what the future of Senior Services in La Plata County will look like.
We'd love to hear what you'd love - please take our survey HERE.
Interested in Volunteering? Click Here
La Plata County Senior Services is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for all adults age 60 years or older and helping them age with dignity and purpose.
Through information, advocacy and service, we are committed to building a healthier community for all senior residents.
We are happy to announce that we are back to a regular schedule of indoor dining at the Senior Center-featuring our FAMOUS Salad Bar! Dining is five days a week in Durango - Monday through Friday, and two days at the Pine River Senior Center on Wednesdays and Fridays. Reservations need to be made by 3:00pm the day before. La Plata County Senior Services provides nutritionally balanced congregate and home delivered meals to seniors in the Durango and Bayfield area. The suggested donation is $5.00 for seniors 60+. Fees for individuals 12-59 are $10.00 and children under 12 are $5.00. Reservations can be made by calling (970) 382-6445 in Durango or (970) 884-5415 in Bayfield. Please join us for lunch and socialization!
Announcing the Senior Companion Program!!!Click Here for Details
Senior Lunch Programs
- More than 45,000 tasty meals are served each year
- Dine at the Durango or Bayfield locations
- Meals on Wheels are home-delivered throughout La Plata County
- Our focus is high quality, wholesome and delicious food!
The Durango~La Plata Senior Center serves meals in Durango Monday through Friday. Reservations must be made by 9:30am. For meal reservations or cancellations, please call (970) 382-6445.
Lunch Donations: Seniors 60+ $5.00, Under 60 $10.00, Children under 12 $5.00.
See Newsletter below for current menu.
- Practice Tai Chi, Zumba, Line Dancing, and more
- Join our "Watch Your Step" class for fall prevention and to improve overall fitness
- Play cards, bingo, dominoes, billiards and other games
- Study history, music, language and healthy living
- Learn tech skills
- Join a group or start your own!
- Free Movie and popcorn. Check newsletter for days and times.
See Newsletter below for Activities Schedule
Newsletter, Events, Menu and Activities GuideFind the Durango~La Plata Senior Center and Bayfield Senior Center Menu, Activities Schedule and more in the Current Newsletter
Reliable transportation to:
- Senior Centers
- Doctor Appointments
- Post Office or other services
Transportation Services are provided for a suggested donation based on distance traveled.
Home Chore Services
- Home modifications for safety- Minor repairs
- Heavy cleaning
- Walkway snow removal - light yard work
Home Chore Services are provided for a suggested donation based on the time spent on chores by staff.
- Family Caregiver Support Group
- Widow/Widower's support group
- TOPS (Take off the Pounds Sensibly)
All Support Groups are free to attend. Click on "Current Newsletter" link above for schedule.
- Resource Guide for Seniors and Caregivers
- Medicare Insurance assistance and Medicare fraud information- call 970-382-6367
- Aging and Disability Resources for Colorado (ADRC)
- Finding community resources
- Income Tax assistance- you must have an income of less than $60,000/year to be eligible for free tax preparation assistance. Appointments are available on Mondays and Saturdays from February thru mid April. An appointment is required and can be made online at durangovita.org. All appointments will be held in the Extension Building at the LPC Fairgrounds.
Pine River Senior Center in Bayfield serves lunch on Wednesdays and Fridays at noon. Reservations must be made by 9:00 a.m. by calling (970) 884-5415.
As of July 1, 2018 - Lunch Donations: Seniors 60+ $5.00, Under 60 $10.00, Children under 12 $5.00.