- You may visit your family member on-site or remotely with our new video visitation system with Securus.
- We now offer Remote Visitation. Visit your loved one from the comfort of your home. You can now sign up to become an approved user of the Securus Video Visitation System.
- VIDEO VISITATION RULES FOR “ON-SITE” AND “REMOTE” VISITATION
- All Remote Visits will be scheduled in advance by the visitor via the Securus Video Visitation Web site, https://securustech.net/ , at least 24 hours in advance. The cost for a Remote visit is $5.95. Price is subject to change if Securus adjusts their rates.
- All On-Site Visits will be scheduled via the Securus Friends and Family web site, https://securustech.net/ , 24 hours in advance. Please log on and enroll and you will able to schedule a visit following the approval process.
- On-Site visits are limited to 1 visit in 24 hours and only 2 visits per inmate per calendar week. Visitation days are Tuesday through Saturday and visitation times are 8:00 am to 9:30 am (in 25 minute increments), 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm, 7:00 pm, and 7:30 pm
- On-Site and Remote visits are limited to 25 minutes each. The visit will automatically start at the scheduled time. You must sign in 1 minute prior to the scheduled start time of your visit.
- On-Site visitors are limited to two (2) visitors at a time. The only exception to this will be a child under the age of 2 years who can be held on the visitor’s lap.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age to visit unless accompanied by an adult. Children will not be unattended at any time.
- On-Site visitors must present a valid state or government photo ID and check in 10 minutes prior to the start time of the scheduled visit.
- On-Site visitors will not be allowed to have bags, purses, cell phones, other electronic devices, or other personal items in the visitation area. The only exception is keys and identification.
- Loud talking, excessive emotionalism, or any type of disruptive behavior will not be permitted. Your visit will be terminated.
- Visitors must wear proper attire: No string top, tube tops, short midriff shirts or short shorts. Your visit will be denied if you are wearing any of the above mentioned items.
- No NUDITY or provocative or inappropriate behavior will be permitted during any visit.
Violators will be barred from visitation.
- Do not damage or deface the visitation equipment. If you damage or deface the equipment or any county property you will be prosecuted.
- If you experience a problem with the audio or video reception during your visit, you are required to notify the detention staff immediately.
- All visits are recorded and subject to electronic monitoring.
The La Plata County Detention’s Facility reserves the right to deny, cancel or terminate a video visit prior to or during a video session based upon court orders, emergency situations, visitor or resident inmate misconduct. La Plata County Detention Facility also reserves the right to restrict a visitor from participating in all future use of the system. Dates and times of visitation are subject to change as deemed necessary by the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.