Money for Inmates
MONEY FOR INMATES:
- You may come into the lobby and put money in the Kiosk machine for an inmate using cash, credit card, or debit card. You may also call 1-866-232-1899 or go to the Touchpay Portal to put money on an inmate's account. A service fee will be charged.
- The La Plata County Detention Center's Facility ID is: 781303.
- The inmate's ID number is also required. You can find the inmate's ID number through the Search Tool on the TouchPay webpage.
- You may add funds online to go towards an inmate's bond by going to the Touchpay Portal or put money on an inmate's account using the kiosk in the jail lobby. A service fee will be charged.
- If you want to pay a debt after you are released, please mail a money order to the La Plata County Sheriff's Office.
Commissary: you may send money orders payable to the inmate, deposit money online using www.touchpaydirect.com, or you may use the lobby kiosk.
Please be aware if the inmate has a debt balance with the jail, 60% of each deposit is used towards that debt balance and inmates accounts are credited with 40% of the deposit to purchase commissary or phone time until the balance is paid off.