To begin the process of acquiring a land use permit, please complete our online Feasibility Evaluation Form. The preferred browser is Google Chrome. The form will ask for specific details regarding your project proposal and will timeout after 2 hours. Please have the following information available and a site plan ready for upload prior to beginning the online form.
- Parcel number – can be located on the county GIS webpage
- Nature of project
- Access information: such as easements, driveway permits, or CDOT access permits.
- Water source and permit number – Well permits can be found at Colorado Division of Water Resources (970) 247-1845
- Sewer service and permit number – Sewer permits can be found at San Juan Basin Public Health (970) 247-5702
- Land Use Designation – can be found on the county GIS mapping webpage
- Irrigation information
Site Plan Guidance and Requirements:
An aerial view can be found by going to La Plata County GIS. This view can be printed and modified to show the items requested. A site plan should show all existing features and proposed improvements, including:
- parcel boundaries and acreage
- hydrologic features (ditches, swales, streams, ponds, wetlands, floodplain, etc.)
- locations of steep slopes (>30%) or rock outcroppings
- storage areas
- water and sanitary sewer facilities
After you have submitted your Feasibility Evaluation you will receive feedback and guidance from Planning staff. Please allow up to two weeks for your proposal to be reviewed; you will receive an email from our staff once review of your proposal is complete.
If you have been directed to contact agencies, use this Agency Input Form; please obtain all agency comments first, and then submit all-together with this Agency Comment submission form.