North County Plan
The Planning Commission (PC) adopted and certified an updated district plan on November 7, 2019. The district plans establish goals, objectives, and policies to help guide future growth based on the unique characteristics of each geographical area, and the desire of the residents. The 2017 comprehensive plan incorporates these district plans as appendices to the comprehensive plan. These plans, therefore, are part of the comprehensive plan.
- Identifies the unique characteristics of a particular area
- Captures key issues within each area
- Establishes goals, policies and objectives to guide growth in each area
- Assists the Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioner in evaluating the density, type, location and compatibility of land uses in each area
North County District Plan Final PC adopted Nov 7, 2019
Past Meetings during the plan update process
- October 5th, 2017 Planning Commission meeting agenda packet
- December 7th, 2017 Planning Commission meeting agenda packet
- January 4th, 2018 Planning Commission meeting agenda packet
- February 1st, 2018 Planning Commission meeting agenda packet
- November 7th, 2019 Planning Commission meeting agenda packet
Please contact the La Plata County Planning Department at (970) 382-6263 with any questions.