La Posta Plan
- Identifies the unique characteristics of a particular area
- Captures key issues within each area
- Establishes goals, policies and objectives to guide growth in each area
- Assists the Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioner in evaluating the density, type, location and compatibility of land uses in each area
La Posta Plan (current)
La Posta map
2019 survey results
La Posta Road Sewer Plan (Final Draft)
La Posta Sewer Conceptual Revisions
How to get involved!
Your involvement is critical to updating the La Posta Plan - after all, we are talking about where you live! We want to be sure that we capture all of your initial input as we begin updating the La Posta Plan. We very much appreciate your thoughtful input on this important effort for where YOU live and look forward to your continued involvement in the La Posta Plan update process. One way to stay informed is to:
Sign up to receive the La Posta newsletter, as well as the Community Development newsletter.
Past Meetings of the La Posta Area Working Group
- Roads - February 7, 2018
- Infrastructure - February 28, 2018
- Land Use Classifications - March 12, 2018
- Land Use - April 11, 2018
- Financing & Archaeology - May 2 and 29, 2018
The Planning Commission has not yet discussed the La Posta plan update.
District Plans Timeline
Feel free to contact the La Plata County Planning Department at (970) 382-6263 with any questions.