Boards & Commissions
On January 31st of each year, several seats on the boards and commissions expire and new members are appointed to vacant seats. After interviews for vacant seats took place in mid-January and the first round of appointments were made on January 25th, a few boards (see the list below) still have vacant seats.
Applications are being accepted for vacant seats on the following boards & commissions:
- Extension Advisory Committee (seeking individuals interested in agriculture, horticulture, consumer & family education, 4-H and youth development programs)
- Fire Code Board of Appeals (seeking design, fire protection engineering, industrial safety, general contractor and general or business professionals)
- Living with Wildlife Advisory Board (works collaboratively with federal and state agencies to develop and implement programs to reduce animal impacts within La Plata County)
- Lodging Tax Panel (seeking individuals to administer the tourism fund that markets tourism in the county)
- Multi-Event Center Commission (equestrian/agricultural interests, sports/recreational interests, 4-H youth member, local banking/business community, entertainment/tourism interests, community at large)
- Southwest Basin Roundtable (seeking resident with knowledge of water interests)
- Southwest La Plata Library District Board (resident of District)
- Undesirable Plant & Rodent Advisory Commission (seeking owners of 40+ acres)
- Wildfire Advisory Board (seeking individuals with backgrounds in landscape or soil ecology and/or technical experience in fire behavior)
All positions are advisory and are not monetarily compensated.
- Applications are being accepted until 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 1
- Interviews will be held via zoom the week of March 7
- Appointments will be made Tuesday April 12
To learn more about each of the boards or commissions, review the position description and the current board membership, view the List of active boards and commissions.
Complete your application online.
For additional information, please contact Carly at (970) 382-6219 or email.
Citizen participation is extremely important to the La Plata Board of County Commissioners and staff. We currently have more than 30 active boards and commissions with nearly 200 people formally participating in the on-going county government decision making processes.