High Altitude Food Preservation
Does your pressure canner have a dial gauge? Annual dial gauge testing before the first use of the season is recommended to ensure safe processing. Have your dial gauge tested through CSU Extension for $5.00.
Call (970) 382-6461 to schedule an appointment.
Your go to for trusted and tested food preservation recipes!
Did you remember to adjust for altitude ???
- Canning Fruits
- Canning Tomatoes and Tomato Products
- Canning Vegetables
- Cost of Preserving and Storing Food
- Drying Fruits
- Drying Vegetables
- Food Preservation Without Sugar or Salt
- Freezing Fruits
- Freezing Vegetables
- Leathers and Jerkies
- Making Jellies
- Making Pickled Peppers
- Making Pickles
- Processing Chile Peppers
- Smoking Poultry Meat
- Elevation Adjustments - Water Bath and Pressure Canning
- Why It's Important to Adjust for Altitude in Canning
For questions or help troubleshooting, call (970) 382-6461.