The La Plata County Sheriff’s Office will be opening to the public Monday, June 1st, 2020, from 8-4:30 with safety guidelines in place.
Please call 382-7010 to set up an appointment and call that same number to let us know you are in the parking lot.
- Only 1 – 2 people will be allowed into the lobby at a time depending on their business with us.
- While you wait outside, please practice social distancing and we encourage you to wear a mask.
- Civil papers may be brought to the office for service. Call 382-7050 to make an appointment and call again to let them know when you arrive. For everyone’s safety, please wear a mask.
- For Records, try our website at lpcso.org. You can make payment on line and get the report emailed if it’s able to be released without even leaving your home.
- Fingerprint appointments must be made in advance for new Concealed Handgun Permits (CHP), court ordered prints, and county licenses. We do prints on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 9 – 12:30 pm. You are required to wear a mask, bring a photo ID, and Social Security card.
- Please fill out your application for CHP prior to arriving at the office. Click here to print out a copy of the application. Please bring a copy of your training certificate and your CO driver’s license. Payment may be made with cash, check, or credit/debit card.
If you need to be fingerprinted for any other reason, please click on either link below to set up your appointment: http://www.coloradofingerprinting.com/cabs/ OR https://www.identogo.com/ .
Alternatives to Incarceration, which includes Pre-Trial Services, Sex Offender registrations, Useful Public Services: Please call 375-2342 for an appointment.
Work Release: For information, Click Here .
Call 911 for crimes or non-emergency Dispatch at 385-2900
Call 247-1161 for Jail business