La Plata County Senior Services is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for all adults age 60 years or older and helping them age with dignity and purpose.
Through information, advocacy and service, we are committed to building a healthier community for all senior residents.
Senior Lunch Programs
The Durango~La Plata Senior Center serves meals in Durango Monday through Friday. Reservations are required, and must be made by 9:30am. For meal reservations or cancellations, please call (970) 382-6445.
Lunch Donations: Seniors 60+ $4.00, Under 60 $7.00.
See Newsletter below for current menu.
- Learn to use computers
- Practice Tai Chi, Zumba, Yoga, Line Dancing, Nia Dance and more
- Join a class called, "Watch Your Step," for fall prevention and to improve overall fitness
- Play cards, bingo, dominoes and other games
- Play billiards and table tennis
- Study history, music, language and healthy living
- Join the quilting group, craft group or writing group
- Participate in Dog Training classes in the summertime
See Newsletter below for Activities Schedule
Newsletter, Events and Menu and Activities Guide
Find the Durango~La Plata Senior Center Menu, Activities Schedule and more in the Current Newsletter
Reliable transportation to:
- Senior Centers
- Doctor Appointments
- Post Office or other services
- Home modifications - Minor repairs
- Heavy cleaning
- Snow removal - light yard work
- Family Caregiver Support Group
- Vision Impaired (VIP)support group
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV) support group
- Widow/Widower's support group
- TOPS (Take off the Pounds Sensibly)
- Medicare Insurance assistance and Medicare fraud information
- Aging and Disability Resources for Colorado (ADRC)
- Finding community resources
- Income Tax assistance
- Appointments for free tax preparation are available on Mondays from February 6, 2017, through April 17th, 2017.(You must be at least 60 years old and have an annual income of less than $54,000 to be eligible.) Please click the following link for a checklist of required documents. Call 970-382-6445 to schedule your appointment.
- Tax Document Checklist
Council on Aging Thrift Store
Located inside the Durango/La Plata Senior Center. Open Monday-Friday from 9:30am-12:30pm. Donations accepted Monday-Friday 10am-11am only. (Clean donations only please!)
Pine River Senior Center in Bayfield serves lunch on Wednesdays and Fridays at noon. Reservations must be made by 9:00 a.m. by calling (970) 884-5415.
Lunch Donations: Seniors 60+ $4.00, Under 60 $7.00. View menu and current newsletter here.
The Ignacio Senior Center (SUCAP) serves lunch on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. No reservations are required. For more information, call (970) 563-4561. View Current Newsletter and Menu here.