Text Size A A A

This site cannot be fully displayed in your web browser.  Please consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 7/8, Firefox, or other recent browser.

What specific permit is required for construction activities within the county right-of-way?

For construction activities within the county right-of-way, you will need one of the following:

Utility Installation

If you are going to be installing, performing maintenance on, or repairing any public or private utility located within the La Plata County Right of Way, you will need to obtain a Utility Permit. You should apply for the permit at least 14 working days prior to the expected start date of your project. You may be required to submit a Traffic Control Plan prepared by a certified Traffic Control Supervisor as well as a set of plans for your project.

Utility Notification Center of Colorado

If you are planning a home improvement, planting a tree, digging a fence CALL 811 BEFORE YOU DIG.   Have your underground utility lines marked for free and prevent undesired consequences.

Construction Permit (Access permit)

An access permit is required whenever a new access is proposed, an existing access is upgraded, or a change in use of an existing access (i.e., changing a field access to a residential access, etc.) is requested. Acquisition of the permit is required before any work is done to allow access to the property.

Back to Engineering page

Photo La Plata County scenery