The purpose of the Veterans' Services Office is to provide information, support and guidance services to veterans and their families so they can receive the maximum benefits for which they are eligible.
The Veterans' Services Office provides information and assistance to veterans and their families. There is a wide range of benefits available to veterans. Every veteran is encouraged to contact this office to find out about Veterans' Benefits.
Your County Veterans' Service Officer CVSO can assist you in any matter pertaining to the Department of Veterans Affairs. These services are free of charge, at no cost to all veterans and their dependents. One of our goals as the La Plata County Veterans' Service Officer is to assist all eligible veterans to enroll in VA health care. Please don’t put off your enrollment in VA health care any longer. You served your country, now let your country serve you with free or low cost VA health care.
Are you looking for information from the Colorado Division of Veterans Affairs? Please use this link to visit the CO VA "Frequently Asked Questions" page.
Whether you are currently on active duty, retired from military service, a veteran, or a military family member, there are services available to help you reach your education and career goals. A host of programs and services, with your needs and specific challenges in mind, are provided through government agencies and partnerships, as well as non-profit organizations.
Information and Article Archive. Look for new articles about VA Benefits and local veterans events the first Sunday of each month in the Durango Herald, Section C, in the Opinions section.
2015 - Veterans' Services Articles
2014 - Veterans' Services Articles
Three Part Series - Training and Employment
- On The Job & Apprenticeship Training Programs
- Special Employer Incentives (SEI)
- Hire Veterans and Earn Tax Credits for Your Business
- Veteran's health care options, part 1.
- Veteran's health care options, part 2.
- Educational Benefits
- FAQ's What does the VA Offer?
- Stand Down 2014
- Stand Down 2014
- Veterans Day 2014
2013 - Veterans' Services Articles
- Hands for Heroes
- VA Offers Dental Insurance Program
- Millions of Veterans benefit from VA Health Care
- Primary Family Caregiver Stipend
- Disability Benefits Questionnaire (DBQ)
- VA Education Benefits
- Veterans Health and Wellness Fair 2013
- VA to Expedite Claims Decisions
- VA Disability Compensation
- HealtheVet and eBenefits
- VA Offers On-Line Access to Your VA Health Care and Disability Benefits
2012 - Veterans' Services Articles
- December 2012 Applying for Veterans Affairs Pension Benefits
- November 2012 Farmington Vet Center Comes to Durango
- October 2012 Veterans Day 2012
- September 2012 Durango Veterans Acupuncture Clinic
- August 2012 VA Health Clinic
- July 2012, Affordable Health Care Act
- June 2012, Public Reporting
- May 2012, Compensation Claims
- April 2012, Vet Centers
- March 2012, Vow to Hire Heroes
- February 2012, Emergency Care
- January 2012, Veteran's Benefit Summary