Clerk & Recorder
Visit the Clerk and Recorder's Office Facebook Page!
The mission of the County Clerk and Recorder’s office is to provide election, vehicle registrations, and recording services to La Plata County citizens, businesses and interested parties so they can comply with legal requirements, conduct business and exercise their civic responsibilities.
The Clerk & Recorder's Office provides a variety of services for La Plata County, including the following:
- Motor Vehicle
- On-line Vehicle Registration renewal
- Online Recorded Documents - New recording system Acclaim effective Monday September 24, 2012. Any questions or concerns please contact our office.
- Papervision - Valid thru September 21, 2012.
- Marriage License Information
- Civil Union License Information
- Marriage/Civil Union Kiosk - On-line application- Both parties may complete the application online. After the completion of the online application, both parties will need to appear in the La Plata County Clerk and Recorder's office to complete the application process. They must bring valid identification and $30.00 cash or check. Once the license is issued the couple must be married in the State of Colorado within 35 days. Please note the office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8am to 4:30pm.