Clerk & Recorder
NOTICE- The La Plata County Clerk's office wishes each of you the very best of the Holiday Season. Please make note of the County's Holiday closures so you may conduct your business accordingly. Last day to record any document for the 2013 year is Monday December 30, 2013. Documents received after 1:00pm on this day are not guaranteed to be recorded until the following business day.
Thursday November 28, 2013
Friday November 29, 2013
Tuesday December 24, 2013
Wednesday December 25, 2013
Tuesday December 31, 2013
Wednesday January 1, 2014
The mission of the County Clerk and Recorder’s office is to provide election, vehicle registrations, and recording services to La Plata County citizens, businesses and interested parties so they can comply with legal requirements, conduct business and exercise their civic responsibilities.
The Clerk & Recorder's Office provides a variety of services for La Plata County, including the following:
- Motor Vehicle
- On-line Vehicle Registration renewal
- Online Recorded Documents - New recording system Acclaim effective Monday September 24, 2012. Any questions or concerns please contact our office.
- Papervision - Valid thru September 21, 2012.
- Marriage License Information
- Civil Union License Information
- Marriage Kiosk - On-line marriage application- The bride and groom may complete the application online. After the completion of the online application, the bride and groom will need to appear in the La Plata County Clerk and Recorder's office to complete the application process. They must bring valid identification and $30.00. Once the license is issued the couple must be married in the State of Colorado within 35 days. Please note the office hours are Monday thru Friday, 8am to 4:30pm.